THE PHIT AMERICA PLAY TENNIS TEACHES KIDS THE BASICS OF TENNIS
For schools with the PHIT America in-school AMPED program, the PLAY TENNIS program introduces young children the basics of tennis in a fun, personalized approach. This program, which now includes Billie Jean King's Eye Coach, will put kids on a pathway to be active and healthy for life!
WHAT IS THE PLAY TENNIS PROGRAM?
- A fun after-school tennis program for beginners.
- 6 or more sessions of approximately 1 hour each covering the basics of tennis
- Kids are in groups of 10-12 taught by a PHIT America Tennis Champion or instructor
- Using equipment and tool provided by PHIT America and the United States Tennis Association
- Using a supplied curriculum that is fun and inspiring
- With only one PHIT America Champion (coach), we can teach between 40 to 50 children in the school
- Look at the video in the right column to see the PLAY TENNIS Program.
- NOTE: A limited number of FREE AMPED and PLAY TENNIS Programs are available now; PLAY TENNIS Programs need to be at schools with the PHIT America AMPED Program.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PHIT AMERICA TENNIS CHAMPIONS OR COACHES
- Visit the school and promote the PHIT America PLAY TENNIS program prior to the launch of the program
- Use the supplied curriculum including the 'first step' to learning tennis, Billie Jean King's Eye Coach. See the video in the right column for more information on Eye Coach.
- Use the supplied tennis equipment
- Schedule up to 4 after school sessions per week
- Send in reports as requested including a roster of participants
- At the end of the program, try to offer participants and their parents additional 'pathway' tennis programs outside of school so the student can continue to play tennis, a sport for a lifetime
- Agree to the compensation offered by PHIT America
WANT TO QUALIFY AS A PHIT AMERICA TENNIS CHAMPION? APPLY HERE.