Deadly, Costly and Hurts Academic Results As Well
We have generations of kids who do not know how to throw, run, kick, catch, jump, skip, or even stand on one leg!But, the U.S. has little respect for the dangers of physical inactivity or becoming less active. Note to parents. You may feel like those electronic devices are ‘pacifiers’ for your kids, but your children were made to physically move.
Look at the graphic below to see the serious impact of physical inactivity.
Lack of physical activity will:
- Increase the chance of being overweight or obese
- Increase your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Increase your risk for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Increase your risk of some cancers
- Increase your risk for high blood pressure
- Weaken your bones and muscles
- Limit your ability to do daily activities and prevent falls
- Increase your chances of having a shorter life
- Reduce blood flow to the brain and limit one's ability to learn